Monday 25 September 2017

How To Quit Sea Life And Settle.

There are several reasons seafarers quit a promising and well-rewarding life at sea. Leaving an active sea career is not an easy decision, yet hundreds of merchant navy officers have dared to trespass this unforgiving territory of shore jobs and have not only conquered them but also remained undefeated in their new endeavors.Only those who lack the courage and conviction attribute others success to luck or fate; but those mariners who did not wait to be Masters or Chief engineers and had full faith in them have hung their sea boots early and secured a long lasting shore career for themselves.Usually there are two types of seafarers at the sea. There is one group of seafarers who is happy to continue at sea and in fact enjoy sailing, and then there is another group of seafarers who want to leave, but are scared to choose the option of settling ashore due to a lot of uncertainties associated with this decision. If you belong to the later group, let me assure you that once you decide to step out of this comfort zone (your sea career), hard work, dedication, and a belief in yourself can take you on a path of unprecedented success. Living at sea life and settling ashore might be difficult but it’s not impossible for sure!For those who are planning to have a more settled life at shore, it’s not unusual to have these questions from time to time whenever they decide to quit sea:
1. Do I have the necessary capital to start a business?
2. What kind of a business or profession should I pursue after quitting sea?
3. Will I ever be able to resume my sea career again if I stay away from sea life for too long?
4. What happens if my sailing license expires?
5. What would I do if I don’t like my new career?
6. Can I survive in the cut-throat world of business/other shore profession?
7. A lot many seafarers have quit sea, lost money, and returned to their sea careers, what if I am one of them?
The basic hurdles must be crossed and answers must be sought to make the decision to quit sea as easy as possible. It is also important to lay to rest the feeling of insecurity of your family members who have become accustomed to a certain lifestyle.
I will try to answer some of the common queries seafarer and hope it will help reduce some anxiety and lessen the burden of wasteful thoughts in your head while you plan to settle ashore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Is Merchant Navy

The opportunity to travel around the world and the lure of adventure on the high seas, besides the possibility of high remunerati...